The City of Vaughan
2141 Major Mackenzie Drive
Vaughan, ON L6A 1T1
CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting opportunity in the Buildings and Facilities Department for an experienced and motivated individual
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an
in-demand place to live and work. A City considered one of Canada’s most family-friendly, Vaughan has a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
Supervising the operation of City of Vaughan recreation facilities including scheduling and training staff as well as preparing work plans. Overseeing the minor maintenance and repairs of facilities by both staff and contractors. Preparing annual operating budgets and reports. As well as associated customer services functions including responding to enquiries from the general public and user groups.
Qualifications and experience:
- Community College Diploma in Recreation Facilities Management, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Technology
- Minimum of five years’ related municipal experience including a minimum of three years at a supervisory level, preferably in a unionized environment
- Possess a Mechanical Engineering Certificate or Refrigeration "B" license or Stationary Engineers Certificate
- Possess a Certified Pool Operator Certificate (CPO Designation)
- Thorough working knowledge of recreational facilities construction, Occupational Health and Safety Act and maintenance management including arenas, pools, community centres and appropriate legislation pertaining to same
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, problem solving and written/verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computers for Building Automation Systems, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Availability to work flexible hours/overtime and respond to "after hours" emergencies as required
- Valid Class "G" Driver Licence and reliable vehicle for corporate business.
In addition to offering a competitive compensation package, we have a strong focus on health and wellness, including fitness facilities and family-focused benefits.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please forward your resume in MS Word or PDF only, quoting File #12-1161-LL in the subject line by Tuesday, December 4, 2012 to:
Human Resources Department
City of Vaughan, 2141 Major Mackenzie Drive
Vaughan, ON L6A 1T1
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. Applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 (S.O. 2001,c.25) and will be used to determine qualifications for employment with The Corporation of the City of Vaughan. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Director of the Human Resources Department, 2141 Major Mackenzie Drive, Vaughan, ON, L6A 1T1, (905) 832-8585.