Competition Number: #13-68
Position Title: Facility Operator Technician (Arenas)
Work with minimum supervision in all phases of the operation of a Multi-use Facility The individual is required to assess work priorities and carry out duties with minimal supervision
- Building/equipment maintenance, customer service and janitorial duties
- Ice making and maintenance
- Direct and coordinate part-time employees
- Turf maintenance
- Event set-up/conversions - KMAC
- Other related duties as assigned
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
- Must be willing to successfully complete a medical examination if required.
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Must have a Grade 12 diploma or meet requirements of General Aptitude testing (GATB)
- Must successfully complete required progressional criteria as it relates to this job title.
- Must be flexible to work varying shifts, WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS, AND OVERTIME as required.
- Must have demonstrated communication skills with a customer service focus and pass applicable customer service testing.
- Must be able to keep accurate records and logs for facility incidents and equipment.
- Must be prepared to be trained in the operation of all related equipment and work skills.
- Must have the ability to participate as an effective team member.
- Must be willing to attend mandatory staff training sessions and successfully pass the course requirements.
- Must attend and successfully complete emergency first-aid training.
- Must have or be able to obtain computer competency in Class, Building Controls and E-mail.
- Must have a valid “G” class driver’s license in good standing.
- Must have Refrigeration Operator “B” license.
- Must possess a minimum of 12 months experience working in an artificial ice arena.
- Preference will be given to candidates with ice resurfacer, tractor/loader, and turf maintenance equipment.
Department: Community Services
Union Affiliation: C.U.P.E. 68
Job Status: Full Time Permanent
Hours of Work: Rotating shifts, including weekends & nights
Posting Closing Date: 12/10/2012
Posting Closing Time: 11:59pm
Numbers To Fill: 1
Progress Status: Receiving Applications
Branch/Location Office: The AUD (Subject to management’s discretion, work location may change as required)
Compensation Range: $24.97 to $26.46 per hour
- To apply for this position or others, please find us online at www.Kitchener.ca/Employment -
This Job Search Program notice
has been posted for you as a benefit and service of membership
in the ORFA INC.
1 Concorde Gate., Suite 102, Toronto, ON M3C 3N6