Nustadia Recreation Inc.
FULL-TIME FACILITY OPERATOR
Upper Canada College – William P. Wilder Arena & Sports Complex
Upper Canada College, located in the heart of Toronto, is the home of the William P. Wilder Arena, a two-pad arena along with multiple grass fields, an artificial turf field, tennis courts, gymnasiums and more.
Nustadia Recreation Inc. is interested in attracting and retaining a talented member to join our team.
The William P. Wilder Arena & Sports Complex has a Full-Time Facility Operator position available which would commence mid-December (exact date to be determined). Applicants must be willing to work shifts, including weekdays, evenings & weekends.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Ice maintenance and operation of all refrigeration equipment
- Mechanical and technical maintenance of ice resurfacing equipment and refrigeration systems
- Maintain, repair and clean arena & sports complex facilities (tennis bubble, fields, & other specified areas)
- Ensure security measures are enforced
- Supervise part-time rink attendants
- Support set-up and clean up for special functions
- Respond to customer needs in a courteous and efficient manner
Education and Experience
- Must have a minimum of Grade 12 Secondary School education
- Previous experience as an arena operator is a must
- Class “B” Refrigeration ticket, Certified Ice Technician an asset
- Experience in cleaning and building maintenance
- Electrical, plumbing and carpentry experience would be a benefit
- Current First Aid and CPR training
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with the general public
- A valid class G driver’s license
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Proven ability to work independently or as a member of a team and to make decisions on behalf of the team
Salary Range: Remuneration commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should submit a resume by December 9th, 2012 by:
Mail: Upper Canada College
200 Lonsdale Rd.
Toronto, ON M4V 1W6
Attn: Justin Barnes
In person: To the front reception desk at UCC.