The Ontario Recreation Facilities Association Inc. (ORFA) was incorporated in 1951 as a provincially-recognized, not-for-profit, volunteer-driven recreation organization.
Today, the ORFA has over 7,300 members who operate and manage recreation facilities in municipalities, educational institutions, government agencies, First Nations communities, and in the private recreation sector. Members also include businesses and industries that support the recreation sector.
As a member-based organization, the ORFA provides leadership in training and development, and in products and services for the benefit of the recreation facility profession.
An ORFA membership entitles you to:
- A printed and electronic subscription to Facility Forum, the official magazine of the ORFA, published four times per year and mailed to each member or in the case of Group membership category, the identified primary facility contact (circulation of over 7,000 readers)
- Access to the ORFA Resource Centre and its recreation facility specific alerts, guidelines and best practices, and media centre
- Access to ORFA’s online discussion board
- Access to ORFA’s online membership and products/services directory
- Access classroom based, online instructor led and self directed online professional development events at member rates
- Work towards an ORFA professional designation
- Access to “E-News” which provides recreation facility industry and association information
- Access to online job postings
- Access to Corporate Members who provide recreation facility products and services
- Corporate Members also have the ability to utilize a classified service connected to ENews (new for 2021)
- Corporate Members also have an increased brand and logo recognition in connection to online based professional development opportunities (new for 2021)
- A committed board of directors and association staff dedicated to meeting member needs.